QUT cite|write is the QUT student guide to citing, referencing and writing academically at QUT.
QUT cite|write consists of two important parts:
- the booklet (PDF, 723KB), which contains:
- an introductory guide to citing and referencing, with general information and tips
- an introductory guide to good general principles of academic writing
- blank templates, to record all the important details for the books, journal articles and internet sources that you find for your assignments.
- the website:
- QUT cite - citing and referencing examples for the four QUT styles
- QUT write - writing guides
Commencing QUT students can collect a free print copy at the Library Helpdesk, on presentation of student card or proof of enrolment (while stocks last). Staff and students can purchase copies from QUT Bookshops across all campuses for the price of $8.00.
Teaching with QUT cite|write
Resources for teaching staff, to assist in guiding students in the best use of QUT cite|write resources.
Changes to QUT cite|write
Information relating to previous versions of QUT cite|write, including previous editions of the booklet and details of past amendments.
Background and development
Provides information on QUT cite|write's purpose and governance.
Need more help?
If you require further assistance with referencing, citing or writing - people and resources are available!
Commencing QUT students can collect a free print copy of the QUT cite|write booklet. Available from Library Helpdesks while stocks last. Just present your student card or proof of enrolment.